What Happens If I Don’t Fix a Slab Leak?
All homes are built on foundations having either full basements or crawl spaces or on concrete slabs. If your house is on a concrete slab, your water supply and drain lines are located within the concrete. While the pipes aren’t directly exposed to the elements, they are no less vulnerable to leaks. Shifts in the earth’s surface can cause problems as can poor construction or general corrosion.
8 SIGNS YOU MAY HAVE A CONCRETE SLAB LEAK
Even though your pipes are not visible, there are indicators that you might have a concrete slab leak. If you notice any of the following, don’t take a wait and see approach, call Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling to schedule a plumbing inspection right away.
- If your faucets and plumbing appliances are off but you still hear water running, water is running somewhere, and it could be under the concrete.
- You notice warm spots on the floor.
- Floors are buckling or warped.
- Carpets are wet or damp for no apparent reason.
- You’ve noticed a sharp increase in your water bill.
- There’s a musty or mildew-like odor anywhere inside your home.
- You’re experiencing a drop in water pressure.
- You see water pooling in areas, but you have no idea of its source.
ARE SLAB LEAKS DANGEROUS?
Left unaddressed, concrete slab leaks can be dangerous for your health over time. Mold and mildew can form quickly and be dispersed throughout the living area via your HVAC system. Breathing in mold spores may cause serious respiratory and neurological issues.
Concrete slab leaks can also compromise your home’s foundation making it susceptible to shifting and cracking that can extend to interior walls.
If you suspect there’s a concrete slab leak under your home, Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling can help. Once the leak is located the plumbing repair will be completed quickly.
Call Shadrach today to schedule one of our skill plumbers to inspect your home.