Some plumbing challenges can be handled by most homeowners in Fountain Hills without calling a licensed plumber. However, should you have a major water leak, stoppage or a burst water heater, the expert plumbers at Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling have the skills and knowledge to fix your problem quickly and efficiently.
If you want to try your hand at fixing the problem on your own, Shadrach offers these DIY plumbing tips:
- You have running water from a toilet that won’t shut off or a leaking pipe. Knowing where your emergency shut-off valve is can be a huge money-saver.
- Operating your garbage disposal correctly will help avoid costly malfunctions and clogs. Never try to grind fibrous foods like celery or asparagus. More importantly, always use cold water and let the water run for about 30 seconds after turning off the appliance.
- Clogs happen from time to time. Store-bought drain cleaners are not plumbing friendly. A better at-home solution is to pour boiling water down the drain. Then pour ½ cup of baking soda, and let it sit for 5 minutes. After that, pour a cup of white vinegar down the drain, and let that sit for 5 more minutes. Finally, run warm water down the drain.
- For clogged toilets, have a plunger handy in every bathroom, so problems can be addressed quickly! Plunging often does the trick, but if not, turn the valve off behind the toilet near the floor. Pouring hot water into the toilet bowl and adding a little soap, like Dawn™ dish detergent, may also help.
- Low water pressure in your shower could be due to a clogged shower head. Dip a toothbrush into a non-abrasive cleanser and gently scrub the face of the shower head. Rinse.
If your plumbing problem is bigger than any mentioned here, call the professionals at Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling. When Fountain Hills homeowners need a plumber, they know Shadrach will faithfully serve them to the highest degree. Every time. All the time.