If you’re asking yourself this question about your Fountain Hills, AZ home, the short answer is, maybe. Ductless mini-split systems are a great cooling option and have the versatility of also providing heat, but they are best used within specific applications.
The average industry life expectancy of a central air conditioning system is 15 – 20 years. If your current system is within that range, you may want to consider a complete system replacement, and a mini-split system could be a viable option.
If your current system isn’t cooling like it used to or your utility costs have been increasing, a mini-split is a very energy-efficient and cost-effective choice. There are other reasons to consider utilizing a ductless mini-split that may not require modifying your entire home comfort system. If you have specific rooms that aren’t as comfortable as you’d like or you’re building an addition, a ductless mini-split in the spaces that need cooling or heat in the winter could be a great choice.
Ductless Mini-Split Advantages
- Where space is limited, and duct work is not present, mini-split systems work well.
- Multiple rooms can be conditioned using the same outdoor unit.
- Operating a mini-split is very easy to install and operate.
- Because they are point-of-use components, ductless mini-split systems are very energy efficient.
- Ductless mini-split systems are allergy friendly, since the dust and dirt associated with traditional duct systems is eliminated.
- Bi-annual (before the start of cooling and heating seasons) inspections are recommended, as with a traditional home comfort system, BUT ductless mini-split systems are very low maintenance.
Just as central air conditioning and other heating options have pros and cons, ductless mini-splits have good and bad points as well. Each home is different. The overall square footage and layout of the design are key factors in determining which cooling system is best.
The experienced and knowledgeable professionals at Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling can assess your home’s specific advantages and challenges to help you decide if a mini-split system is best for your Fountain Hills home. With Shadrach, you have the confidence in knowing we faithfully serve our customers to the highest degree.
Call our office to speak with one of our courteous staff members and schedule your in-home evaluation today.