5 Reasons Your Gas Furnace Is Making Loud Noises
Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling has been serving Fountain Hills, Arizona homeowners’ heating needs since 2021. The professionals at Shadrach know gas furnaces and have the expertise to handle any furnace repair you may need. If your gas furnace is making loud noises, it’s always best to have a trained HVAC technician inspect your system to discern the specific cause. While some noises may indicate a minor issue that can be fixed with routine heating maintenance, others could be more serious, requiring a furnace repair or possibly a replacement.
Common Causes of Your Gas Furnace Making Loud Noises
- Dirty Burners: The burners in your gas furnace can become dirty, which can cause loud popping or banging noises when they ignite.
- Loose Parts: Over time, certain parts of your gas furnace can become loose and start to rattle or make noise when the furnace is running. This can happen with the blower wheel, the heat exchanger or other parts of the furnace.
- Expansion & Contractions: As your gas furnace heats up and cools down, the metal parts of the furnace can expand and contract, causing popping or cracking noises. Some noise is normal, but if they become excessive, there may be a bigger challenge with the furnace.
- Blockage in the Venting System: If the venting system for your gas furnace is blocked, it can cause loud whistling noises. This can happen due to debris or even an animal’s nest in the venting system, or possibly an issue with the venting itself.
- Damaged Heat Exchanger: A damaged heat exchanger can cause a loud rumbling or roaring noise when your furnace turns on and off. This is a serious problem that can be caused by corrosion or cracks in the heat exchanger and should be addressed by a professional right away.
If you’re experiencing any of these loud noises with your furnace, contact Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling and let one of our professional technicians inspect and diagnose the issue for a proper and safe solution.