Is It Worth Repairing an Old Furnace?
Now that the temperatures in the Fountain Hills area have started to drop, you may be wondering if you should repair or replace your furnace? The answer depends on your individual circumstances and several other factors you should consider. One situation we’re sure you want to avoid is being without heat during the winter nights here in the Sun Valley.
Deciding whether you need a furnace repair or replacement isn’t an easy one, but Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling offers the following guidelines to help.
- The age of your current furnace or heat pump is probably one of the most important elements to consider. The average lifespan of a furnace is 15 to 20 years while a heat pump is about 12 to 15 years. If your unit is at least the minimum age, you may want to consider a newer, more efficient model. You could realize substantial energy cost savings.
- Another very important consideration is the amount of money you’ve been spending on repairs. If you’ve needed frequent service and repairs for your heating system, a new one may be in order.
- If you have a gas furnace and have experienced any carbon monoxide leaks, for the health and safety of your loved ones, it’s time for a furnace replacement.
- Substantial increases in utility costs are another circumstance you may want to investigate. Older heating equipment generally costs more to operate.
- If you’re noticing uneven heating such as hot or cold spots in different living spaces, or it seems your furnace or heat pump turns on and off frequently, you may need a new furnace installation.
- Other issues you may notice are strange noises coming from the furnace or any usual odors.
Call Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling
If you notice any of these signs, contact Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling today for a no-cost consultation. One of our trained Comfort Specialists will be happy to evaluate your furnace and your home’s layout and design to determine the heating solution that works best. Shadrach also offers financing options with approved credit, making your choice for a furnace installation easier.