What to Do if Your AC Is Leaking Water
If you notice water pooling around your air conditioning unit, this could be a sign that your AC is leaking water. While some minor condensation is normal, excessive water leakage can be a cause for concern and may require an AC repair.
Here are some steps you can take if your AC is leaking water:
1. Turn off your AC unit: The first step you should take is to turn off your AC unit to prevent any further damage. Continuing to use the AC while it’s leaking can cause the water to overflow and cause more significant problems. Call the professionals at Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling to have your AC checked and repaired.
2. Check the air filter: A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your AC to freeze up, leading to possible water leakage. Check your air filter and replace it if it’s dirty.
3. Check the condensate drain line: The condensate drain line is responsible for removing water from your AC unit. If it’s clogged, the water can back up and cause your AC to leak. To check the drain line, locate the pipe and see if water is flowing freely. If it’s not, try using a wet-dry vac to clear any blockages.
4. Check the evaporator coil: The evaporator coil is responsible for removing heat and moisture from the air. If it’s dirty or frozen, it can cause your AC to leak water. To check the evaporator coil, you’ll need to remove the access panel and inspect the coil for any dirt or ice buildup.
If you’ve tried the above steps and your AC is still leaking water, you should call Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling for an AC repair. One of Shadrach’s licensed technicians will be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs to get your AC back on track.
Some common causes of AC water leakage that require a professional include:
- A damaged condensate drain pan
- A malfunctioning condensate pump
- A refrigerant leak
- A problem with the AC unit’s installation
Ignoring water leakage from your AC can lead to significant damage to your home, including mold growth and water damage to your walls and floors. Therefore, it’s essential to address the issue as soon as possible to prevent any further damage.
If after trying to resolve the issue, you still have water leaking from your AC, call Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling to schedule an AC repair. Remember to regularly maintain your AC to prevent any future problems. Shadrach’s technicians are fully trained to complete a comprehensive inspection and cleaning with every AC maintenance appointment.