What if you could reduce the exposure of your loved ones to toxins in your home by improving the quality of your water, would you make it happen? According to a leading manufacturer of whole house water filtration systems, “For less than a dollar a day, people can follow the recommendation of the experts and parents can assist in the healthy development of their children.” (Exposure to contaminated water can lead to problems ranging from nausea, diarrhea, cramps and headaches to more serious long-term or even fatal health problems.)
Water filtration removes impurities such as lead and other contaminants by using a fine physical barrier, a chemical process or a biological process, either by point-of-use microfiltration by using devices installed specifically at water outlets or whole-house filtration, which connects directly to the house main water line. Your particular need depends upon the exact contaminants in your water. A simple water test will determine your exposure and help the experts at Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling to determine the best solution for you and your family.
Don’t be confused by water softening versus a water filtration system. Water softeners decrease hardness, but both processes can easily be combined into one unit for the healthiest water possible.
Key Factors to Consider When Selecting a Water Filtration System
- Flow rate – Gallons per minute (gpm) determines the amount of water available; <10 gpm is unacceptable for uninterrupted water pressure during peak use.
- Filter size – The larger the filter the greater the pressure and water flow and the longer the service interval.
- Filter life – Sediment filter life varies with need, but a good quality filter will last for 100,000 – 150,000 gallons in normal municipal water supplies.
- Port size – The ideal size for whole-house water filtration is 1” with typically no ill-effects on pressure.
Benefits to Whole House Water Filtration
- Water is cleaner and tastes better
- Clothes and dishes are cleaner
- Use less soaps and detergents
- Water is purer for cooking and bathing
- Unhealthy minerals and contaminants are removed
Water is necessary for living. Clean water is essential for healthy lives. Call the professionals at Shadrach Plumbing & Cooling to schedule a water test and discover how a whole house water filtration system can benefit you and your loved ones today.